May is Bike Month and Bike Harrisburg has a full schedule of events and rides planned to celebrate the joy of cycling in the Harrisburg Area.
Go to www.BikeHarrisburg.org or the HBC web calendar to learn more about:
• Rides on the Capital Area Greenbelt – Each Sunday in May
• The HBC Sunday Morning Sociable ride – Every Sunday
• Harrisburg Bike Party’s Cinco de Mayo Ride – May 5
• Spoke’n Gear Festival – May 10
• Allison Hill Multi-Cultural Festival and Bike Parade – May 13
• Bike to Work Week – May 15-21
• Rally at the Capitol to make cycling safer – May 15
• Ghost Bikes on display at the Capitol– May 17
• International Ride of Silence to remember fallen cyclists – May 17
• Friday Night Social Ride – May 19
• Bike repair & Learn to Ride at Broad St. Market – May 20
• Highlights of Harrisburg Bike Tour – May 20
• Seersucker and Lace Ride – May 21
• Free bike parking at the Harrisburg Arts Festival! - May 27-29
And new for 2017 – Bike Weekend! June 3 & 4
• Mountain Bike Rides on the Parkway Trails – Sat. June 3
• Five Bridges Ride – Sat. June 3
• Bike Night at the Midtown Cinema- Sat. June 3.
Get your tickets now! “The Long Bike Back” is a documentary about Pearson Constantino, who suffered a debilitating injury when he was hit from behind by a SUV while cycling. We’ll follow his recovery and his exciting ride across America with his brother, Pete. This movie will only be shown if 75 tickets are sold by May 26. $10.00 Sign up at https://www.tugg.com/events/the-long-bike-back-awze
• Tour de Belt – The Capital Area Greenbelt’s big fundraising ride. www.caga.org - Sun. June 4.
And don’t forget to “like” Bike Harrisburg on Facebook for updates!