Contact Name: MaryAnn Kennedy
Contact Phone: 7175341487
American Cancer Society event, the Pennsylvania Hope Ride, a noncompetitive, two-day, bicycle event starting and finishing at the Society’s Hope Lodge in Hershey with an over-night stay at Kutztown University.
It will be held this year on June 23 & 24, 2018.
The American Cancer Society’s PA Hope Ride provides you, your company/organization/family the opportunity to join us as we save lives and create a world with less cancer. One example of helping people get well is assisting with access to care by providing lodging through our nationwide Hope Lodge program. This ride helps to provide support for the Hope Lodges and other critical program of the American Cancer Society.
Six years ago, I had to opportunity to stay at a Hope Lodge in Cleveland, for six weeks, as my sister's caregiver as she underwent a stem-cell transplant. It provided us with a wonderful and supportive place to stay without the financial worries of staying in a city away from home.
When the opportunity to organize, this ride was given to me, I was immediately interested not only as a cyclist myself, but it is another way I can give back to an amazing organization that gave my family so much.
Won't you join me to support the Hope Lodges and other critical programs of the American Cancer Society?
WHAT YOU GET...
· Kick Off Dinner - Friday, June 22
· PA Hope Ride T-shirt
· Fully supported 2 day route with volunteer mechanics from local bike shops, SAG vehicles, fully stocked/healthy rest stops and lunches, repair & first aid patrols, and also safe return transportation if needed
· Lodging – overnight accommodations at Kutztown University in air-conditioned rooms w/private bathroom.
· Recognition Dinner on Saturday evening at Kutztown University
· A celebratory finish, where you can celebrate your accomplishments with your family. Our endpoint includes free lunch for all participants, family activities, live music, and much more!
· Raise $750 and receive a 2018 PA Hope Ride jersey
For more information or to register, go to pahoperide.org
2 Day - 75 miles each day
Website Link: www.pahoperide.org